Monday, November 24, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving!

      HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                   
           So, Transfers happened! Sis. Nance is now safely home and my new companion is Sis. Kylie Smith from Holliday, Utah! She is so great! I really love her! She is the funniest person ever ever ever and we are having so much fun! We actually go home at the same time which means I will be probably be getting transferred to one more area for my last transfer. So, that means I only have this transfer with her! Kind of sad, and I am crushed to think that I have to leave Chardon in just 7 short weeks!! I really thought I was going to finish out my mission here but "I'll go where you want me to go, dear Lord!" It will all be for the best I just know it!
             
                    So, We finally got to teach the Drabek's this past week! The lesson went so well! We taught them at their member friends home (The Arnolds remember:) and the spirit was there and it was just awesome! Okay so the lesson was actually a little crazy....The member just likes to tell soooo many stories!!! haha, the highlight was by far when we whipped out Joel 1:4 (go look it up!!!!!) It was so funny! Sis. Smith and I were dying!!!!!! But, like I said the spirit was still really strong! They came to church on Sunday! And then we were trying to figure out when we could meet next and we thought we had something set but then this morning he called us and said "hey, so my schedule is really crazy this week and things just aren't matching up with the Arnolds schedule too and with the holidays we are thinking it would be best to just plan on meeting next week, we will see you at church though!!"   well so we were really sad we weren't going to see them this week  BUT, like 30 minutes later he calls us and says...."hey so I was thinking, I loved meeting at the Arnolds but we don't HAVE to meet at their house right? Would it be sacrilegious to meet at a coffee shop right by my workplace???" Haha...we laughed and arranged something and were SO excited to see how eager he was to meet with us and learn more about the Gospel! He is so awesome!!!!!
            
               Ryan our investigator with a Baptismal date for Dec. 3rd, he is doing SO GOOD! He came to our branch harvest dinner and then to Kirtland, he ended up only being able to watch the Kirtland movie...he had to cut things short because he wanted to go to the YSA activity.....So awesome! haha...he couldn't have had a better reason!! I am so excited for this area! Things are going so well! And I know it is because of an increased desire and effort to be exactly obedient and to follow the Spirit! I love missionary work so much! 
                
              This week really was so awesome! We got to see and work with so many people! We did a lot of service for different members of the ward. And our Thanksgiving day is all falling into place! It was looking a little iffy for a while because no body had actually invited us over for Thanksgiving! AND! Things are 10x's more complicated now because our car w
on't be fixed until Friday!!!! Thank goodness for the Robbins!!! They have been our Chauffer's everywhere this week. I love them SO MUCH!!!!!! So, now we actually have like 4 invitations for Thanksgiving dinner. So we will see if we actually get around to them all before we pass out from eating so much food. I don't know what I am going to do! Its going to be the best/worst day ever! Last year we were in so much pain because we had eaten so much food! and now we have 4 dinners!!!!! AHHH! Its going to be so fun though! I am so excited!
           
           Oh we had Messiah practice again yesterday. The performance is coming up and I still don't know half of the songs!! oops! I sat next to this really good lady this time. She sang SO LOUD! So naturally I had to put my opera voice on and match her! haha. We had such a good time. But by the end of it I literally could not sing another note, my voice was so tired.
             
            Well. that was my week! Super awesome and this whole next transfer is just going to be a whirlwind!!! And, HAPPY BIRTHDAY EMILY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (hey guess what. My companions birthday is actually the same day as yours! so we are going to be celebrating big time! I will think of you!!!!) LOVE YOU!
             
                    Have a wonderful week everyone! Be Grateful! Doctrine and Covenents 78:19....
         Love,
            SisN

No comments:

Post a Comment